One of my favorite suggestions in the article is to sing. Sing in your car, the shower, WHEREVER. Just make a joyful noise (isn't that in the Bible?). You don't have to join the church choir to sing. Just SING whenever you get the chance, and your mind and body will thank you!
When I do sing, I take it a step further and sing happy songs. I even made a CD of happy songs I already had available to me.
Here's my HAPPY playlist:
- All I wanna do - Sheryl Crow
- Light in your eyes -" "
- Good day sunshine - The Beatles
- Walking on sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
- Shiny happy people - REM
- Beautiful day - U2
- High Tide Low Tide - Bob Marley
- Fidelity - Regina Spektor
- Groove is in the Heart - Deee-lite
- Smile - Madeleine Peyroux