Friday, August 1

Survey says...

I received this via e-mail from one of my best friends - a questionnaire about one's first pregnancy. Thought it might be interesting to share on my blog.


Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's
all about you and your first baby.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? shocked, surprised, scared, nervous BUT excited

3. How old were you? 30

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I ate breakfast and felt like I was going to throw up all day so I thought, hmmm, when was my last period?

5. Who did you tell first? the hub

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
I did, but then my hubby and several friends who kept it a secret convinced me to wait until the delivery. It was amazing, although I thought for sure she was a he!

7. Due date? May 25

8. Did you deliver early or late? late by one day

9. Did you have morning sickness? I think I threw up only once, but I did feel quesy a lot that first trimester

10. What did you crave?
spicy foods but what's new?

11. Who irritated you the most? no one in particular; just people who acted like I was MUCH farther along than I was

12. What was your first child's sex? girl

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregn ancy? 35


14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I actually became preeclampsic either right before I went into labor or thereafter! Felt really weird the first few weeks after birth.


15. Where did you give birth? Overland Park Medical Regional Center


16. How many hours were you in labor? I started feeling the contractions at 8 a.m. at home, left for the hospital around 1 p.m. and delivered minutes after 9 p.m.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Brady

18. Who watched?
Brady, my midwife, a midwife in training and a cheerleader nurse.

19. Was it natural or c-section? natural

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? epidural - it's my new best friend

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs .01 oz

22. Did your child have any complications?
no, thank GOD!

23. What did you name him/her? Brijin Joy

24. How old is your first born today? almost 10 weeks old so that's why I remember all this stuff

25. What was your baby's first word? can't wait to hear it!

1 comment:

JBERG said...

What a cool survey! I'd like to give it to my daughter in law!

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook