Monday, December 31

The end of a wonderful 2007

"Once you make a decision, the Universe conspires to make it happen."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This year has brought many milestones: buying our first house, turning 30, owning my first dog and now being pregnant for the first time. It's been an amazing year, and I'm so grateful for all the new joys in my life. So that's why what happened last Friday took me so off guard; my husband was let go from his job, which happened right after we opened Christmas presents with my side of the family.

I couldn't believe the callousness of his former workplace. Not only the timing - the Friday between Christmas and New Years - but that it was done over the phone and during his vacation. I'll admit I threw an enormous pity party for about a day. However, when I was trying to go to bed that night I remembered a simple affirmation I learned from Louise L. Hay:

"All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this, I will receive only good and abundance, and I am safe."

Simple as it is, these words really helped calm me down and moved me into a more positive outlook the next day. It also helped me be strong for my husband, and now we're saying the affirmations together to keep both of us in a positive state of mind so he can move onto bigger and better opportunities in 2008.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook