Friday, December 28

To know or not to know - that is the question

Yesterday was our big sonogram appointment where we could find out the sex of the baby. Early on in our pregnancy, my husband made it known he didn't want to find out. Not find out? I couldn't fathom it! 'What do you mean you don't want to find out?' was my initial response.

After discussing with friends who didn't find out until the birth, I did become more convinced maybe it would be a good idea. They all said it made the labor more exciting and endurable knowing they would soon find out the biggest surprise of their life.

But what about the baby's room, clothes, EVERYTHING? How will you plan? How will you be prepared? These were the questions shot at me like missiles by family, friends and strangers (i.e., naysayers) when I responded that we weren't going to find out the baby's sex. Their reply was the, 'are you crazy' look.

So the big day finally arrived, and I started having my doubts I could actually go through with not knowing. I mean, I'm known for my impatience (yoga has leveled me out, but it's still a character flaw). How could I wait another five months to know if our baby was a boy or a girl? OMG! This is the hardest task EVER and is self-imposed, nonetheless. I'm CRAZY!

Even throughout the ultrasound, I kept asking my husband, "Are you sure you don't want to find out?" Unfortunately he held strong so I had to as well! The lady performing the sonogram did ask whether or not she should note the sex of the baby in my chart, and I did succumb. You never know... a girl's gotta keep her options open. :)

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook