Monday, April 14

Heart meditation for expectant mamas


With the encouragement of the book "A New Earth: Awaken to your life's Purpose," I've been concentrating more on the present moment. The key seems to be starting my day with meditation, however I am so lazy when it comes down to it or maybe it's my ego derailing me. Admittedly, a few weeks ago I fell off the wagon. But in the middle of last week I began waking up and immediately going to my meditation mat, even for three minutes. It seems to help my day go more smoothly and picks me up out of the doldrums.

I found a simple meditation for expectant mamas.

Bring your right hand to your heart and the left to your baby. Inhale and focus on your love and absorb the feelings in your heart. Exhale and focus it towards your growing baby. Continue this conscious breathing and focus for five to 10 minutes.

If you're not pregnant, check out all the meditations available on Oprah's "A New Earth" page. This one is called
Relaxed Awareness Meditation: Breath.

Namaste and enjoy Monday!

2 comments:

Nadine Fawell said...

What a gorgeous picture too!

A Yoga Mama is a Rama Mama said...

Ah thanks - I'll make sure to tell the photographer.

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook