Monday, April 7

Meditation Monday: Put your legs up

Try meditating this week in legs up the wall pose. If you're pregnant, you may want to be careful lying flat on your back. Personally, and I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I've been able to lie on my back for periods of time. I just make sure to listen to my body and move to my side if anything doesn't feel right. If anything you could prop your self up a bit with pillows to avoid being flat on your back.

Shut down your eyes, relax your arms and concentrate on your breath in and out through your nose. Stay for five to 15 minutes (or as long as you're comfortable). If available, use an eye pillow to fully relax.


Benefits of the posture (according to www.yogajournal.com):

  • Relieves tired or cramped legs and feet
  • Gently stretches the back legs, front torso, and the back of the neck
  • Relieves mild backache
  • Calms the mind

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook