Thursday, May 15

Thankful Thursday - thankful thoughts

"One of the most sublime experiences we can ever have is to wake up feeling healthy after we have been sick."
~ Rabbi Harold Kushner

"Illness or pain is just an extension of negative emotion. When you are no longer feeling any resistance to it, it's a non-issue."
~ Abraham Hicks

I received both of these quotes the same day in my inbox, which seemed a little bit like fate to me. I've known what it's like to be in pain and feel like I have no control over it. About five years ago I was in a car accident that really messed up my lower back that propelled me into a tailspin of anxiety and depression. Probably the lowest point of my life, and I now know it all had a ton do with my own negativity towards certain areas in my life, which I let spiral out of control.

Yoga is the reason why I'm still not in this funk.
Yoga was my bridge over troubled water when I didn't think I had any hope. Yoga allowed me to realize my physical and mental pain could be cured without drugs. Yoga has allowed me to discard negative thoughts and habits and to focus on how to make my life the best it can be right now. Yoga beckoned me to explore how the power of my thoughts affect my life. I now have control over my happiness and don't allow life's ups and downs to drag me with their peaks and valleys (well, at least not as much!). With my husband's job loss at the end of last year coupled with expecting our first baby, I could have allowed myself to fall back into a hole. However, my hubby and I have tried to stay on the positive side of things and continue to focus on our gratitude of what we do have in our lives. Now he's growing his own business and will be able to take care of the baby part time, which is a better scenario than we could have imagined before the "bad" news. We now seem to have more abundance in so many areas than we've ever had before, and I truly credit our prosperity towards focusing on it and being thankful for it.

Thank you God! Thank you life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yoga was your Godwink after the accident. What a blessing you found Yoga!

Hugs. . . d

Steph said...

Your getting so close!!!! I am so excited for you and love your positive energy. Good luck and sending my love from Chicago!

A Yoga Mama is a Rama Mama said...

I can't wait to read the "Godwink" book. Thanks for loaning it to me "d".

And thanks Stephanie for keeping in touch! I appreciate your love and positive thoughts.

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook