Thursday, January 10

Live prenatal yoga class virgin

To be a virgin in a live prenatal yoga class is an oxymoron, isn't it? Nonetheless, tonight I attended my first live class with other mommies to be and am so glad I did. I found two prenatal yoga classes a week online at a local studio called Darling Yoga, plus the studio has a newcomers' special of unlimited classes for $20 so I thought it was worth checking out.

Attending a live prenatal yoga class is a wonderful thing to do, especially if you're new to yoga because the instructor can give specific modifications for your trimester. But even more importantly, you can learn a lot from the other expectant mothers and possibly find a support system you can rely on during your nine months and perhaps beyond.

Our instructor started the class going around the room and having everyone say our names, the baby's name if chosen, how far along we are and anything else we wanted to share. Everyone had their baby's name picked out except for me. Granted we aren't finding out the sex of the baby so it adds a wrench to solidifying a name, but even the other mom in the class who wasn't finding out her baby's gender had picked out a name! I'm already a negligent mama! Lock me up and throw away the key.

Despite the guilt of not having my unborn child's name decided, the class was very uplifting, and I felt great afterwards. Learned some new moves I can use at home like putting a 10-pound sandbag on top of the soles of my feet when in legs-up-the-wall pose, which is good for preventing varicose veins.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook