Monday, May 19

Meditate on yoga

YogaJournal.com sends me "Daily Insight" e-mails. A few weeks ago, the week's focus was on meditation so I saved some to help guide me in writing my "Meditation Monday" posts. Especially with the birth imminent, I just can't seem to conjure up too many original thoughts so thank you YJ for some fresh ideas on the subject.

In your next meditation practice, try to meditate on the word "yoga" or the definition of yoga, which is "union." Continually repeat it in your mind. What thoughts or associations do you conjure up as you do this?

Now concentrate on the word yoga or union and allow your thoughts to dissipate. If you notice your mind going elsewhere, bring it gently back to the word without any judgment. As the e-mail stated, "You are moving into a direct experience of what union truly means."

Namaste!

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook