Tuesday, December 18

Tis' the season for Zen

Yoga Journal magazine is an awesome resource and its Web site is packed with information. I believe the site recently had a redesign and now has a way to build a pose or asana sequence with coordinating photos - pretty cool.

I am signed up for every e-mail newsletter YJ online offers, including one it sends weekly for a "dose of yoga tips, information and advice." Last week's was titled the "Yogi's Holiday Guide to the Holidays" and had some interesting article/ideas on how to cope through this typically stressful season.

One was called Gifts for the Greedless and had a bunch of great ideas for gift giving by type of person (college student, children, golfers, etc.), and I thought this one was great for me and my husband, since we're soon to be new parents:

For Parents: Zen Parenting: The Art of Learning What You Already Know, by Judith Costello and Jurgen Haver (Robins Lane). A thought-provoking meditation on child-rearing as sadhana (practice).

Hopefully my husband isn't reading my blog because this book may be in his stocking!

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook