I tried to use reverse psychology on myself this morning by putting "YAY Monday" on my Facebook profile. Didn't work. My negative vibe kept attracting more negativity (there's that darn law of attraction); I discovered what I thought was my compensation during my maternity leave was no where close to reality, which really brought me down.
Why Monday, WHY?
Today I also noticed a few on-going oddities in my body that seem to have become worse. First, my right eye has been twitching since the middle of last week. Apparently, eye twitches may be caused by stress or fatigue - didn't think I was much of either, but apparently I am. Then my hands and feet felt kind of odd, like they're swelling. It's not like my wedding ring or my shoes or too tight, but they feel weird. It's called edema, which is "when excess fluid collects in your tissue. It's normal to have a certain amount of swelling during pregnancy because you're retaining more water" according to BabyCenter.com.
Is there anyway to prevent or lessen the swelling? BabyCenter.com says to:
- Put your feet up as much as possible.
- Keep blood circulating by getting up often and taking short walks.
- Don't cross legs.
- Sleep on left side.
- Drink lots of water.
- Exercise - one site said that yoga helps circulation so it should help minimize the swelling.
- Ankle rolls - roll in one direction 10 times and reverse.
- Interlace fingers and reach palms and arms up to sky
- Reclined bound angle pose
Better get some sleep so my eye will stop twitching and say my affirmations. Goodbye Monday!