Saturday, March 8

A boy or a girl?

Salma Hayek had an interesting story in People about becoming a new mother, and I related to her desire of wanting a boy. I've been thinking I really would like having a boy - remember we aren't finding out the sex of our baby until he or she is born. When asked why she felt this way, Hayek responded by saying, '"Probably because I was afraid. I think women suffer a bit more than boys, and there is always conflict between mothers and daughters."'

Not that I had a negative relationship with my mom (far from it!), yet it is tougher for daughters and mothers to connect, I think because mothers are more worried about their daughter's decisions since they were once in the same shoes. Fathers don't have the same fear and therefore girls become "daddy's girl."

I guess I just want to have a special connection with my baby, but it sounds like Hayek has that with her little baby girl after reading this quote she gave to the April edition of Glamour. '"I feel I was born to have this girl."'

And I know I will feel a special bond with my child too... No matter what gender the baby turns out to be. Truly, I only pray for a healthy and happy baby.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook