Thursday, December 6

A DVD for the pregger yogini

Have you ever tried Yoga Zone's DVD Postures for Pregnancy? The instructor says it's safe for all three trimesters of pregnancy, which is convenient. The pregnant lady performing the postures looks about ready to pop so it must be okay for me being only at the beginning of the second trimester. I just completed a few chapters of it - never seem to have enough time in the morning!

Checked it out at the local library (I LOVE the the library!) and have done it a few times. It's a little slower than what I'm used to and is more Iyengar (form-focused) versus Vinyasa-style yoga (linking the breath with the movement), which is my favorite type of yoga. However, I feel great after doing a few chapters of it this a.m.

The instructor is actually the husband of the pregnant lady showing the postures - Alan Finger and his wife Greta. He seems to know a lot about alignment, but he has a bit of an accent (British I think) and pronounces words differently than I'm used to, which distracts me a bit.

Overall, I recommend this DVD, which I think is overdue at the library, so I better return it! Maybe I'll buy it or just check it out again in a few months.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook