Sunday, December 2

Sundays are so RAMA!

So I'm starting my blog, which I have been procrastinating for MONTHS! I never think I have enough to write about, but I guess one has to start somewhere ... so here it goes. I found this quote to illustrate what I mean (I love quotes and will probably share them a lot.)



"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." --Lao Tzu


Sundays have such possibility to them, but then I always feel like I didn't accomplish enough and dread the coming Monday back to work. Although today I think I did do enough and my body is agreeing with me. First I walked Charlie (our lab/border collie), and then I did some yoga - since I just began my second trimester, I've been exploring various prenatal DVDs. I gave Penatal Vinyasa Yoga with Jennifer Wolfe to my sister-in-law when she was pregnant last year, and she gave it back to me. I wasn't sure how long the DVD ran because my first time I only did about 20 minutes of it... this time I did an hour and ended up fast forwarding the last 10-15 minutes to the guided relaxation so it must be about 75 minutes long. It's a good series of asanas or poses if you enjoy Vinyasa-style yoga where you're linking the breath with the movement, but I wish it was broken down into bite-size pieces, like 20-minute segments.

After cooking some sad looking hashbrowns for me and my husband, we ended up raking the yard together. Our street is beautifully lined with old Elm trees and I love looking at them every time I turn onto our street, except for this time of year. Neither of us enjoy doing yard work, but at least we got it done. My legs and arms are definitely feeling a little sore; hope I'm not stiff tomorrow. I should do a few poses before I go to bed - yoga is always the answer.

Let me know if you have any prental yoga DVDs, CDs and books you'd like to share. I'll keep sharing as well.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook