Thursday, December 6

Heartbreak for my hometown

I debated whether or not to write about this, but I just have to address the deadly shooting that took place in Omaha, Neb., yesterday. The reason it really haunts me is because I grew up in Council Bluffs, Iowa right across the Missouri River from Omaha. Hearing the news broke my heart.

I didn't know any of the victims but the news was still shocking, nonetheless. The randomness of it makes it even more perplexing. Why take the lives of people you don't even know? Why kill another human being, period? I guess there is no reasoning behind it, but how does one move forward from something like this?

Maybe the teachings of The Secret are the answer. The main point of it, at least to me, seems to be to reverse negative thoughts to positive ones to bring about what you want not only in your own life but in the world. So if you're against the war, don't protest the war, instead have a peace rally. 'What we resist, persists' so next time you see a news story about the shooting, change the channel or stop reading so you don't dwell on it (in fact, I originally had a hyperlink to a CNN story about the event in the first paragraph, but I removed it because I didn't want to perpetuate.).

Let's all pray and envision a peaceful and safe society for us all to live in - our minds are powerful things so let's use them in a positive way.

No comments:

Become a Facebook fan of Yoga Patch

Yoga Patch on Facebook